Monday, February 12, 2007

Light of the Morning

2 Sam 23:4
And he shall be like the light of the morning when the sun rises,
A morning without clouds,
Like the tender grass springing out of the earth,
By clear shining after rain. NKJV

David was speaking through the Spirit here, looking to a time when King Jesus would rule the earth. His description is beautiful: A fresh day, blue cloudless sky, shining sun, new and fresh like tender grass, air cleansed by rain. That’s what Jesus brings to us all if we will let Him.

Do you need a fresh start? Let Him cleanse you with His rain. Look up to the blue skies and let the Son shine on your face. Soak up His presence, and make a new commitment to serve Him with all your heart, soul, mind and strength.

I praise You Lord, for cleansing me from sin,
Fulfill Your Word and make me pure within;
Fill me with fire, where once I burned with shame,
Grant my desire to magnify Your name.

(Cleanse Me)

1 comment:

Lilibeth said...

Mom told me you were doing online weather devotionals. I like them. We all need scripture and song to make it through the day.